During the very early days of settlement in S.W. Saskatchewan Anglican services were conducted by itinerant ministers in the homes of ranchers and homesteaders. Two years after the coming of the railway assured the establishment of the Town of Eastend, a group of dedicated and generous parishioners built this little church on Elm Street. A donation from The Girls’ Friendly Society of Huntley, Diocese of Chichester, Sussex, England was the seed funding for the construction. The building was completed in the summer of 1915 and consecrated in 1916.
The church is named for a Benedictine monk from Rome who became the first Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is now part of the Palliser Parish which encompasses churches in Gull Lake, Shaunavon, Eastend and Ravenscrag. The parish is within the Diocese of Qu'Appelle in southwestern Saskatchewan.

We are at present gathering information for this page. If anyone has photos, documents or information

about St. Augustine's Anglican Church in Eastend, Saskatchewan please send them to us. We would like

any former parishoners or members of their families to send us any information on the church.


Please send to : info@staugustines-eastend.ca




The Church of St. Augustine's

217 Elm Street, Eastend Saskatchewan S0N 0T0